O.V.AFANASYEVA I.V.MIKHEEVA 8 FORM
I. Complete the sentences using your active vocabulary.
1. Everyone knows that smoking can do a lot of … to your health.
2. In the autumn forest there was a smell of … leaves.
3. Sam came … of his class in the math test.
4. I don’t really … where to go on holiday.
5. I don’t … you staying with me at all. I like your company.
6. She waved to me and … out of sight in the crowd.
7. Do you know that this watch is very expensive? It’s made of … gold.
8. Which of these courses would you like to … on?
9. If the task is too … for you, let me know and I’ll help.
II. Fill in the missing words and complete the sentences.
1. After the tragedy Paul’s health broke … .
2. My horse broke … a gallop.
3. The epidemic broke … suddenly and turned out to be unusually long.
4. I broke … from him and rushed to the door.
5. The King handed …his authority to parliament.
6. Hand … your questionnaires, please.
7. The custom was handed … and the heirs of the estate still keep it.
8. The teacher handed … the books and the pupils started reading.
III. Choose the right verb form to complete the sentences.
1. If Harry (went / had gone) to university when he was younger, he would (be / have been) a lawyer now.
2. If Alice (didn’t take / hadn’t taken) a tablet, she would (have / have had) a splitting headache now.
3. But for the queue, Bob would (buy / have bought) a ticket for a football match yesterday.
4. If Ann (made / had made) notes during the lectures in winter, she would (be able / have been able) to use those materials for her exams tomorrow.
5. If Nick (had been / were) a wise man, he would (agree / have agreed) then.
IV. Complete the sentences using the correct form of the adverb in brackets.
1. I meet Arnold only once a month. I see him … of all my friends. (rarely)
2. She washes the plates … than I do. (carefully).
3. Bob arrived at 11. I wish he had arrived … .(early)
4. Why don’t you come to see me … ? I miss you. (often)
5. … or … everyone in your class will choose a career for themselves. (soon, late)
V. Express the same in English.
1. Моги мне, пожалуйста. Окно никак не открывается.
2. Можно я воспользуюсь твоей ручкой? Моя не пишет.
3. Машина не заводилась, и я понял, что опоздаю.
VI. Give it a name:
1) a period of time when schoolchildren can play or talk;
2) an exam taken at the age of 16 in British comprehensive schools;
3) a highly prestigious private fee-paying boarding school for pupils aged 13-18 in Britain;
4) a place in school where meals are provided;
5) exams taken at the age of 18 in British schools;
6) a sleeping room with several or a lot of beds in a school or some institution
1. had gone; be
2. hadn’t taken; have
3. have bought
4. had made; be able
5. were; have agreed
1. most rarely
2. more carefully
4. more often (oftener)
5. sooner; later
1. Help me, please. The window won’t open.
2. May I use your pen? Mine won’t write.
3. The car wouldn’t start and I understood that I would be late.
1. a break
2. GCSE exam
3. a public school
4. a canteen
5. A-level exams
6. a dormitory
Смольянинова Ольга Альбертовна, учитель гимназии №1 г. Мончегорска
|10 Form Half-of-Year Test O. V. Afanasyeva I complete the sentences using Present Simple or Present Continuous of the verb given in brackets||Документы|
|10 form Unit 4 man – the seeker of happiness I. Complete the sentences with the missing prepositions (by, for, of, on, to)||O. V. Afanasyeva I. V. Mikheeva 8 form End – of – year test|
|Year год выпуска фильма или время концерта (Year year of release of film or time of a concert)||Документы|
|The Vocabulary Work exercises at the end of the book. These exercises are aimed at training students to enlarge their vocabulary systematically through intelligent reading and effective use of a dictionary. To the student||Документы|
1. /New Year/2008_сценарий нов года.rtf
|Write the forms for the sentences||Write the forms for the sentences|