O.V.Afanasyeva I.V.Mikheeva 8 form
End – of – year test
I. The Subjunctive Mood:
1. If I (be) in London tomorrow!
2. If he (become) a doctor, but he is an engineer.
3. If we (have) a trip to Scotland last year, we (see) some famous lakes.
4. if I (be) a better chess player, I (win) every game.
5. If she (follow) the doctor’s advice, she (not, be) sick now.
II. Adverbs: Degrees of Comparison:
1. I hope you’ll speak to your aunt (politely) next time.
2. The teacher spoke (loud) than usual.
3. Jane sings (wonderfully) of all.
4. Mark can solve problems (well) of all his classmates.
5. Henry swam (slow) of all.
III. Modal verbs:
1. How many words (can/may) you remember in one go?
2. (May/could) I go to the cinema tonight, Mum?
3. Excuse me, Mr Brown (can/could) you pass me the salt, please.
4. You really (must/have to) stop smoking.
5. I’ve already finished my work, so I (must/don’t have to) study tonight.
6. If you want to keep fit, you (must/should) get more exercises.
7. You (needn’t/shouldn’t) mention this again: I’ll never forget it.
8. We (must/have to) pay for our new car every month: we’ve bought it on credit.
9. These tablets (are to/ must) be taken with a lot of water.
10. The queen (is to/has to) visit Russia next month.
IV. Choose the correct answer.
1. She (learn/study) to be a surgeon and her brother (is learning/is studying) to swim.
2. I got the phone call only (late/lately) at night.
3. (Maybe/may be) I’ll go on a trip soon.
4. Your clothes (is/are) on the chair. Why don’t you hut (it/them) on?
5. The children ran (quickly upstairs/upstairs quickly).
6. Their house (beside/besides) the road.
7. Mary looked (awful/awfully) yesterday.
8. (The Chinese/Chinese) speak (the Chinese/Chinese).
9. I easily recognized that (pair/couple) of lovely eyes.
10. He works every day (except/ besides) Sunday.
11. A (pair/couple) of fried eggs make a good breakfast.
12. Mother (suggests/offers) a visit to the theatre.
13. I (offer/suggest) to buy tickets for the performance tomorrow.
14. Sorry, I (am not used to talking/ used to talk) to strangers.
15. Stop (eating/to eat), you’ve had enough.
16. Bob stooped (picking up/to pick up) the keys.
17. We regretted (telling/to tell) Mary that we didn’t want her to go with us.
18. He regretted (asking/to ask) us to stop the music. He said he had a headache.
Смольянинова Ольга Альбертовна, учитель гимназии №1 г. Мончегорска
|10 Form Half-of-Year Test O. V. Afanasyeva I complete the sentences using Present Simple or Present Continuous of the verb given in brackets||Form 10, Unit 3 O. V. Afanasyeva End-of-Unit Test (Grammar/Lexis)|
|Form 10 O. V. Afanasyeva||Half-of-year-test I. Complete the sentences using your active vocabulary|
|Year год выпуска фильма или время концерта (Year year of release of film or time of a concert)||Документы|
1. /TEST FORM 5.doc
|7 form. Grammar test. (контроль навыков дифференцированного употребления прилагательных и наречий в письменной речи)||Документы|
1. /New Year/2008_сценарий нов года.rtf
1. /End to End Quality of Service over Cellular Networks [G. Gomez et al.] 2005.djvu